Monday, August 3, 2009

The family bed in the house on Gambol Quail


We have always had a family bed.........since Sara was a brand new baby and I was determined to breastfeed her no matter the hardship....my doctor saw how exhausted I was and said, "Lisa take that baby to bed with you!" I got the best nights sleep that I had in months.

Family bed had begun.

WHen I think about our beautiful house in Colorado Springs on Gambol Quail, I am grateful for so many things....one of them was our king-size waterbed.

As I sit here tonight at my computer listening to soft music, "quiet music" we have called it since those Colorado nights on Gambol Quail.

It wasn't unusual for there to be 3-4 kids in our bed with us at any given time.....Sara was older and rarely came to our bed, unless there had been a been a bad dream in her night.

Abby was usually there and of course Owen, he was born when we lived there, almost born in that house and Hope too....

Beautiful quiet music began to waft there, Temple in the Forest our first tape....back then there were tapes......

Now there are cd's....and itunes and ihomes.......

but I remember the lovely master bedroom that attached to the bath, it was a good sized room and decorated so nicely....

I labored in my chair there in that bedroom for 2 births....

I had a nice little nitelight in the headboard and I could read after my hubby went to sleep

We made sweet love there and a baby named Hope.

Such a nice place...........

1 comment:

guardian98 said...

Four or five times I remember you gazing up into my eyes, telling me, "If you make love to me now we'll make a baby." That was all that you needed to say.